We wanted to share a quick and easy sweet treat with you for our Easter post. Fortunately, I recently stumbled across this raspberry thumbprint cookie recipe on Cooking Light and knew it was the perfect find!
The raspberry thumbprint cookies are super fruity and yummy, and will make the perfect little treat for your Easter Sunday. I substituted store-bought jam for the center, but if you are feeling adventurous and want to make your own, the recipe is linked.
We hope you enjoy!
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated almond paste
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Raspberry Refrigerator Jam
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; secure to baking sheet with masking tape.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg white; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour and salt to almond paste mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets, and press thumb into center of each cookie, leaving an indentation. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon Raspberry Refrigerator Jam into center of each cookie.
- Notes: Almond paste makes the dough moist and pliable. Look for it in the supermarket baking aisle. The large holes of a box grater work well for grating the almond paste. Use a wine cork instead of your thumb to make a deeper indentation in the cookies. If you bake both pans of cookies at the same time, rotate the pans in the oven halfway through baking time for even browning.
More Delicious Recipes
Looking for more delightful recipes to round out your Easter celebration? Head over to Fab Bites for Misha’s “must make” recipes!