Today’s DIY project is super easy, super glitzy and perfect for the upcoming holidays! Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to incorporate “fresh living things” into my design schemes. It is the perfect way to add interest, energy and life.
Here is a tip for transforming your everyday fruits and veggies into perfect holiday decor: whether you are working on a dining table centerpiece or a simple entryway arrangement, consider adding a touch of glitter…
- Select your accessory! It can be any fruit or vegetable, living or artificial. Just make sure to select something whose shape will be recognizable after it’s bedazzlement. Pears, apples, pumpkins and squash are all great selections, and great for holiday themes.
- Get ready with your glue and paintbrush. This project is easy breezy…you will simply need to paint the entire surface of your fruit or vegetable with glue. We used a typical paintbrush, but the flat foam sponges from your local paint store are great as well.
- Once your surface is covered, place your “fruit” on a disposable bowl or plate and drizzle glitter all over it, leaving no blank spaces or holes. Shake the excess glitter off and let dry.
- Once dry, you are done! You have a new & glamorous accessory, perfect for any holiday vignette!
- Keep in mind that while we used a pear and gold glitter, the options are endless. Experiment with different shapes and glitters, to achieve the perfect look for your perfect palette!