I stumbled across the aqua, mustard and black painting above and fell in immediate love with the combo! I don’t know that I’ve ever seen these specific colors together, but I have to say that I love them! Knowing that shades of aqua tend to translate into spaces, giving off a sense of calm and tranquility, I find that many people will choose to use it in their bedrooms. What I love about the specific color combo above is that while it does feel calm and tranquil, it is still unexpected and has a wonderful pop of warmth and interest. I DID choose to keep it in a bedroom design (sneaky), but hopefully you find it a fresh take on the traditional bedroom palette!!
Let me know what you think!
Oh, and PS…when you are working with a color combo that you are slightly nervous about, the secret to pulling it off is incorporating at least one strong element that showcases both of those colors! For example, you may have a painting or piece of art that blends all of the colors in one place. Or, you may find a fabric for the bed, pillows for the couch, or even a fabulous rug for the floor that accomplishes this. Finding at least one element that embraces your full palette will help to tie everything together! Now, in this situation, I chose to not include the inspiration painting in the room, but for an extra unifying element I could easily throw it in!!
I hope you enjoy. 🙂
- Aqua Area Rug: Pottery Barn
- Painting Over Headboard: Waddy Armstrong
- Overhead Chandelier: Arteriors
- Bedside Wall Sconces: Circa Lighting
- Upholstered Bed: Hickory Chair
- Ivory Pillow: Restoration Hardware
- Leather Mustard Pillow: Serena and Lily
- Aqua Decorative Pillow: Serena and Lily
- Ivory Coverlet and Shams: Serena and Lily
- Black Pinstripe Bench: Serena and Lily
- Gold Mirror: Wisteria
- Iron Floor Lamp: Circa Lighting
- Fresh Floral Arrangement (Or Silk Flowers): Find Local Floral Designer (These are Sarah Winward)
- Natural Bedside Tables: Wisteria
- Occasional Chair: Pottery Barn